Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Job, Goals, and Other News

Well it's about GD time!
FIVE months after my department closed, somebody FINALLY found it in their lovely heart and mind to hire me.
Luckily I had a super supportive safety-net to fall back on, but it still blew...big time.

I'll be working in retail, which is new, as my resume consists of mostly restaurant work, and working with animals (grooming, humane-education, stables).
I found the posting (among others) on craigslist. I can't tell you how many ads I responded to and nagged without hearing back from ANYBODY. I had my interview on Friday, and start training this Saturday. The manager was really sweet. Hopefully she remains that way, as I've learned my first impressions of people are usually dreadfully wrong.

Anyway, I suppose this brings me to cover some goals I created around New Years, one of which was, GET A JOB. Some have stuck around, and some have evaporated (as resolutions tend to do)

5k- Run one
Job- Get one!
Books- Read one per month
Car, apartment, kitchen sink- Keep em clean!
Pets- Care for them better
Juice- Drink some!
Invisalign- Finish
FeelGood4Life Etsy Store- Create it
Floss- Do it


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in! If you have any wisdom on how to (or not to) grow-up, leave it here!